We love Mighty Sesame, so of course we had to showcase their NEW Harissa Tahini! Made with aromatic hot chili paste with herbs & spices, this new flavor adds a bit of heat and zest to any recipe for breakfast, lunch & dinner!
Now, this new game-changer makes it easier than ever to add extra zip and a bit of heat to everything from dressings and dips to meat and veggies. The new variety contains a blend of 100% natural harissa spices for a distinctively aromatic flavor profile with a kick!
Harissa is seen on nearly every Israeli, Moroccan, and Tunisian table, it’s a paste made by blending roasted hot red peppers with other spices and herbs. This fragrant chili paste is often combined with garlic, olive oil, cumin, coriander, caraway & mint for a distinctive Mediterranean flavor. There are as many variations of harissa as there are grandmas who’ve passed their secrets down the generations. It can be hot or mild, smoky or pungent – depending on the ingredients and techniques involved.
You can purchase this new dip on Amazon!
Bonus! Chef Gregg, renowned food service industry expert and self-described “tahini obsessed" joined forces with Mighty Sesame to develop and present a host of innovative, tahini-based recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Get the recipe here:
Subtle Spice Harissa Tahini Dip
3 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil + extra for garnish
¼ Yellow Onion, minced
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
3/4 C. Mighty Sesame Harissa Tahini
2t. Lemon Zest + 2T of Lemon Juice
¼ t. Salt
¼ Black Fresh Ground Pepper + for garnish
¼ T. Flaky Sea Salt as Garnish
1. In saute pan heat oil. Add onions and cook until caramelized. Adding garlic for the final 1-2 minutes.
2. In a small food processor add harissa Tahini , lemon zest and juice. Mix until smooth. Add onion and garlic mixture including oil until well mixed.
3. At this point add in some hot water to get desired thick or thinness.
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. For garnish drizzle oil and flaky sea salt right before you serve.
6. Serve with warm pita or a variety of vegetable Carrot sticks, celery sticks, Red/Yellow Peppers, Broccoli spears, Asparagus spears etc.
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored, Mighty Sesame is a sponsor of LS Media Inc, which owns limorloves.com! This post contains affiliate links, should you purchase the product(s) using the link, LS Media Inc will receive a small commission.